Set up EDIMAX USB 2.0 Wifi on a Mac Laptop
1. Turn off computer's built-in Airport Card
2. Put Install Easy Max
Wizard CD into PBG4
3. Open Folder called Mac
4.Click on appropriate DMG
to install (OSX4 Tiger, OSX5 Leopard), install, restart.
5.Insert USB Wireless drive
into USB2 slot.
6.Open application USB Wireless
Utility (in Applications folder)
7. Add New Profile for wireless router network to be used, name it, insert password. Activate.
8. If you cannot get on
internet after connecting, open Network Pref in System Preferences folder.
9. Open Network Ports Configurations
and select Automatic.
10. Computer should discover new port device called Ethernet Adaptor (en2).
Hammondsport Mac Users Group
- Hammondsport, NY 14840 - www.hportmug.com