November 3, 2014 - Hammondsport Mac Users Group
ATTENDING : Tom B, Bob S, John M, Gene N, Dottie E, Al J, Nancy D,George F, Carl H, Donna M and Don M.
TOPIC : YOSEMITE
A brief look at Apple's latest operating system for Mac - OSX 10.10
WHAT'S NEW IN YOSEMITE?
- see Apple's description of new features
- read a good overview at MacRumors
- watch short video tutorial by Gary at MacMost - see more tutorials here
- see Yosemite Tips and Tricks at MacStories.
SOME FEATURES WE LOOKED AT
Flatter red, yellow and green lights close, shrink or expand window to fill entire display
BATCH RENAME - select a group of files to be changed, then right-click for three options: Replace Text, Add Text, and Format
MAIL MARKUP - write directly on images or PDFs in your e-mail attachments - see tutorial at MacMost
Enlarge to see new postmark on Mail icon
NEW SAFARI PREFS
- can make DuckDuckGo the default search engine (it doesn't track you)
- clear history and all caches with one click
- direct image link is centered in screen
- website address can be expanded to show complete address
- RSS Subscriptions available once again (see tutorial at MacMost)
HOW TO DOWNLOAD YOSEMITE
Apple's newest Operating System can now be downloaded for free (5.16GB) by going here and logging in with your Apple ID.
Yosemite can be installed on your current HD running 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) up to 10.9 (Mavericks).
HOW TO BOOT UP FROM AN EXTERNAL DRIVE
NEW APPLE DEVICE
< click to enlarge
APPLE WATCH - read complete review of features and styles at MacRumors - on sale in 2015
We plan to meet the first Monday of each month in the Hammondsport Public
Library at 10:30am.
Hammondsport Mac Users Group - Hammondsport, NY 14840 - www.hportmug.com