January 7, 2019 - Hammondsport Mac Users Group
ATTENDING : Tom B, Gene N, Nancy D, Al J, John M, Bill M, Russ C, Daniel M.
TOPIC : HOW TO RECORD, EDIT AND PUBLISH AUDIO
1) Desktop or Laptop - use built-in Mic and on-board apps such as Quicktime Player to produce a digital file (either MP3 or M4A) from live sound
2) iPhone or iPad - use built-in Mic and free apps such as Voice Memos or Voice Record fro the App Store
3) Mac to Mac connected by stereo mini-plug cable using the sound ports in both - source computer plays online video/audio while recording computer captures audio via Quicktime Player Audio Recording - change input/output in System Prefs > Sound
4) Digital Recorder - such as EVISTR L36 ($38 Amazon) - produces MP3 file - simple to use - has built-in MIC and LINE IN - record up to 45 hours on single battery charge (see Owners Manual PDF)
< click to enlarge
5) Some web browsers such as SLIMJET will download audio files from online videos.
Read how to download online video/audio files with one click.
Audacity - FREE app for Mac or PC - import digital files into this free audio editor to trim unneeded data, enhance quality (use Effects 'Normalize' feature), reduce file size by 50% (Tracks - mix Stereo down to Mono), export as MP3 to replace original file. (Note: Audacity cannot edit M4A format but you can convert M4A to MP3 in iTunes and then edit in Audacity)
Use an HTML app to create a webpage to share your sound file with the public - such as professional Dreamweaver, Rapidweaver, or free BBEdit
A couple HTML codes to play onine audio files:
<p <a href="myaudiofile.mp3">LISTEN</a></p>
This code will produce a visible controller on blank background when clicked.
See example we
made at the meeting.
<video src="myaudiofile.mp3" width=240 height=41 autoplay=true controller=true pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/">
This code will produce an autoplay of sound file as page is displayed, but no controller. See example we made at the meeting.
Cyberduck - free FTP app to upload webpage files to your hosting server (such as Machighway)
Rapidweaver - affordable website design application
Did you know that you can use Apple's Preview App to:
1. Create a personal 'signature' for digital documents such as email? - see how
2. Resize a photo to smaller dimensions and file size? - see how
3. Alter or enhance color in a photo? - see how
4. Fill in data on a digital form application? (Preview>Tools>Annotate>Text) - see how
NEXT MEETING - first Monday of each month
Reminder: our www.hportmug.com website can be easily searched for a term, app or name by using the freefind search window next to title
Hammondsport Mac Users Group - Hammondsport, NY 14840 - www.hportmug.com